GetGround Website Cookies Policy
Who we are
This website is operated by Terranova.Network Limited trading as GetGround. We are a real estate investment platform provider and for more information see https://getground.co.uk/.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user's internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided
Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our website, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works
The cookies we use
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
The cookies we use
What they do
GetGround JWT authentication
This is the login token received by the browser when a user logs in. It enables the browser to communicate with the backend server.
This cookie records the time from a user being authenticated in order to determine whether the GetGround JWT authentication cookie should be reset.
We are using first and third-party cookies to reach more customers on Facebook and to be more accurate in measurement and reporting. We also use Facebook Pixel for advertising features such as audiences, conversions, targeting and optimisation as well as Facebook Analytics data.
This is a service that helps us build a better website. Hotjar allows us to see where people are clicking on a page, which helps us understand how users behave, so we can build better products.
First-party cookie used to collect anonymised user-level statistical data for internal analysis, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (e.g. to enable you to put items in your shopping basket and use our check-out process).
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to 1 Lyric Square, Hammersmith, London, England, W6 0NB or call +44 (0) 20 8050 1912.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).
Changes to this policy
This policy was published on 6 August 2019 and last updated on 21 February 2022.We may change this policy from time to time, the latest policy will always be available on our website.